Thursday, May 3, 2012

Today a friend put the following as their FB status "Cancer is an asshole." I couldn't agree more. But, cancer taught me a few things about myself when I needed it the most. I found myself again. I learned to live my life and not just go through the motions of just existing. I had forgotten to enjoy, well, anything. I was literally at rock bottom. Strength came in the form of friends, family and strangers. I opened my heart and mind to everyone and learned to enjoy every minute that I had been given. As many of you know, I woke up after surgery not being able to use 3 of my 4 limbs. Yet, I never lost my strength to go on and now I can walk, slowly. I can use my right shoulder and have limited movement in my right hand. But, still I have my strength! The support that I receive from those in my life and the smile on my face and the faces of others, makes each day worth looking forward to and living it to the fullest. Take the time to look around you and realize all that you should be truly thankful for. Take anything for granted. Tell those that you love that you love them. Don't just assume that they know because maybe they too have forgotten to evaluate what really matters in their lives. If you surround yourself with negativity, then that is all you will produce.

Find yourselves. Find love and find your lost smiles. Live, Love and Be yourself always!!!

Luv,  T

No comments:

Post a Comment