Sunday, January 23, 2011

Laura's 40th Birthday Barfly Bus Bash!

We set out to have a great time last night and celebrate a special friends 40th birthday. We loaded a bus with BarFly Crew and a bunch of rowdy school bus drivers. I said to myself, Self, what an odd assortment of people that you have assembled! Oh, but I knew that the combination could only lead to a rockin' good time! I knew that when you combined a bunch of homebody people that don't get to get out much and combine them with the fun loving crew at BarFly, you couldn't help but have a great time.

Everyone got to meet at least one person that they had not met before. Some left with someone new and others re-sparked a long lived love. There was a lot of singing and dancing going on in the bars, on the bus and in the streets of Portland. We made a special stop for the birthday girl at Portland's famed Voodoo Doughnuts. If you have never Voodooed then you are missing the best and weirdest doughnuts in the world!

I set out to try and get drunk for the first time in my life and though I drank and drank some more, we did not succeed. I found that I just get to a point to where I can't fit anymore in. So, that experiment was a failure! But, I had a great time and can have fun without drinking to get drunk. I am not saying that I will never get drunk. Because none of us know the future. But, last night it was just not in the cards. I usually only have a few drinks when I am out with my friends and I can live with that.


Live, Love and Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment